1. Building Strong Connection Community
a. Discipling and Disciple Groups
b. Retreats and More Activities that allow for relationships and community to grow and strengthen
“ Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:23-25
2. Growing in Wisdom and Excitement for the Word, the Lord, and His Church
a. Guys and Girls Bible studies
b. Midweek Youth group meetings (worship and devotional)
c. Strong leaders in Christ investing in them
d. Service projects and participating in the Church
“ I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.” - Ephesians 3:16-19
3. Discovering an Identity in Christ
a. All of the Above; Series: Character of God
“This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” - 2 Corinthians 5:17
“See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him.” -1 John 3:1
- That students who need God, love, and a place to grow will find The Connection and be poured into.
- That God provides for the leadership of The Connection, so that they can pour into the youth.
- That the Youth all grow in a closer relationship with Christ this year.